Wednesday, December 10

blogging etiquette according to mwah.

Somehow my blog about "amy-ness" turned into one about blogging etiquette, but it's because I decided the blogging world needed it. I hope you take notes.

Blogging Do's

Be nice
No one likes a meanie. If you want to trash talk someone, go to haterz-ville. (aka message boards). They like you there. Actually, go to the edge of a cliff and jump off. Just kidding. That was mean. That was an example of what NOT to do. Anyway, just stay away from blogs. Bloggers are basically online hippies because we just want a little peace and love. No hate over here. But really, you shouldn't be trash talking anywhere because that's just unattractive.


Proofread your work
You wouldn't walk out the door without looking in the mirror first, right? So why hit the publish button before reading over your work? Imagine your blog as your online face. You wouldn't want to find out that you've had food stuck in your teeth all day, jsut lik you wouln't wantto find out you'v espelt evry other word wrongf and and had it published al lday. If proofreading isn't your forte, I'd be happy to do it for you. Mistakes are going to be missed, so 5 errors are permissable per post.


Make things exciting
No one wants to read a boring blog. If you're not very funny (aka me) then post about funny things you saw that day. If funny things never seem to happen, then just make stuff up. Haha oh man, so this one time I was walking to class at ASU and there was this guy in front of me who was trying to put the moves on the girl he was talking to. He was laying on the charm and almost ready to get the digits, when suddenly a GIANT bomb of fresh white pigeon poo landed smack dab on his head. (totally not true). See how I did that? Try it.



Blogging Do Not's

Posts without pictures
I've been guilty of this a few times, but come on people, it's just not aesthetically pleasing to have a giant block of text with nothing to appease the poor readers eyes! They're doing you a favor by reading your blog, so thank them by adding pictures to look at. Preferrably of something funny and exciting. You don't need a picture every time, but just enough to shake things up. And if you don't have pictures of your own, that's what Google images is for.


Lack of punctuation
I don't expect perfection but at least throw in a period or comma every now and then because it just takes too much work to read a paragraph without any punctuation and let's face it life is hard enough without having to decipher the post you are reading this is much more common than you'd think it really is quite annoying too. Wow. That was painful to write. I hope you see my point.


Not commenting
I'm pretty sure that if someone has a blog, then they want comments. They wouldn't spend countless hours trying to come up with exciting things to post about or slave away trying to make the cutest layout so that no one will read their blog. And if you don't comment then they won't know you read, and if they don't know you read then they'll think no one reads, and maybe one day they will stop blogging forever. Do you really want to be the cause of that?? Leave a comment, save a blog.
(seriously. that means you)


I hope this helps some of you.

(please don't take me seriously. I like to use extreme examples and sarcasm so if you're guilty of a few of these, don't worry, I'll still love your blog. I'm easy.) (But I am serious about the commenting. Do it)