Tuesday, June 10

fun times

Some days when I start to get sad thinking about leaving my family and friends for 8 weeks, I just drive past the nearest gas station and all of my sad thoughts seem to just disappear. More accurately, they get buried beneath the elation of knowing I won't have to even think about $4 dollar gas while I'm gone. That has to be, by far, what I'm most looking forward to.
Another thing that makes me happy thinking about this whole set up is knowing that I have been able to enjoy a month of no school or work because of it. Had I decided to stay home all summer, I would have been working full-time. Financially that would have been better, but I've had one of the best months in a long time. I've been able to go lots of places that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise, accomplish a lot around the house, and spend time with Melanie for the week that she was here. It's been amazing, and this past week was so much fun. Melanie came in last Wednesday, and while she was here we went to my sister's apartment in Peoria for a BBQ and swimming, went on errands for baby stuff, made cute little cupcakes for her baby shower , went to her baby shower, watched a movie and ate pizza, went to church together, played games, went to Sunsplash with Cassie, had a cupcake decorating contest (we were very sunburnt from Sunsplash), plus many more fun little moments in between. I was pretty sad when I had to take her to the airport this morning, but if life was always this fun then it'd be too easy! But I'm grateful she was able to come visit. My sister Cassie also left for Girl's Camp this morning, so it was kinda weird going from two sisters to hang out with to just me by myself all day while my mom was at work. It'll be good for me though because I need time to just get ready for camp and get some cleaning and organizing done. I only have 1 week left! I can't believe it.

I guess I should get off the computer now and finish my laundry. I got my motivation back so I have to take advantage of it while it lasts!
Adios.