Wednesday, June 4

randomness about basically nothing

I've been feeling extremely lackluster lately. That's not even a word I use but it felt very fitting. In fact, I just looked up the definition for it (because I often do that for words I don't normally use to make sure that I'm using it right) and it says:

lack-lus-ter (lak-luhs-ter) - lacking liveliness, vitality, spirit, or enthusiasm; dull.

Yep. That sounds about right.

Ever since I got back from the river (yes, I blame it on that) I have had zero motivation to get anything done. It takes everything in me to do something that took 5 minutes before the stupid river trip. Also, I've been completely lacking in the exercise department. Not to mention the healthy eating one! I was doing soooo well, but now I'm non-stop hungry and all of my self-control is out the window. One day I was eating so much that I stopped & realized that I probably looked like a pothead with the munchies. It's bad. And it's really bad timing because I've recently been able to start eating normally again. At least before if I wanted to go on an eating spree I had my gaping holes to stop me. And I've been sleeping way too late. Sleeping in until 10 used to seem disgusting to me but it's been about 3 days in a row now where I've slept in past 10. I'll wake up at my usual time, which is about 7:30 or 8, but instead of feeling ready to get up I'll have a really great dream that I want to finish or I'm still too tired. I don't know how to shake it. Any suggestions? I know going to sleep earlier would definitely help, but that's a work in progress.

Ok, so onto my next discussion. See this hideousness?

Ya, those are my roots. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I think I might be naturally brunette now *very sad, crying frowny face*. Ever since I started Jr. High my hair has slowly been getting darker, but I never thought it got past dirty blonde. I've always been able to let my hair grow out a lot before it was noticeable enough to have to re-highlight it, but as you can see those days are gone. This presents a problem, because I'm literally broke. Before, broke meant "Oh shoot, I only have $50 in my checking account. No matter that I have $1500 in savings. That doesn't count". Now broke means "Crap. I hope I'll still be able to pay for gas by next week." It's pretty depressing. I don't have a safety net anymore. I don't even know how it happened. Wait, I do. It was the glasses, plane ticket, contacts, Dr. visits, car payments, and other life expenses. Thank goodness I have a mom that let me earn enough money to equal what I would've earned, if I had a job. Otherwise you'd see me on the freeway begging for money. Wow, I don't know how "Nasty Roots" turned into "Let's see how broke Amy really is". Sorry. The point is, if anyone knows of a good-hearted soul who does hair and would like to give me a nice discount (say, $25 for a highlight?) I'll mail you a postcard from camp. I'll even dedicate a post to you AND your friend with the good-hearted soul. I really don't want to look like trailor trash in all of my pictures. I mean come on, I'm gonna be keeping those forever.

Ok, next subject matter. Feast your eyes on this:
Yep. Those are MY nails. Not ones from a store. Don't judge the french tip job, just look at the beautiful length. Ahhhhh. I'm going to venture out & say that this is the longest they've ever been. Usually I either bite them off or chew them until they're weak enough to break. Typing that just made me realize how gross that is. Anyway, this time I kinda just forgot about them and one day I realized they were long. So ever since then I've been taking care of them like never before. I constantly make sure they're covered with a coat of nail polish and I clean them thoroughly everyday. Today's the first day that I've tried the whole french tip thing, and I'm very pleased. I can' t stop staring at them. They make me happy. I hope you love them as much as I do.

That's all for today's randomness. Join me next time for more pointless tales of nothingness. Goodnight, and good luck*.

*Yes, I ripped that line off. I'm not original enough and I'm too tired to think of something just as catchy. Sue me.