Monday, October 20

nasty keyboards

I may be a little bit OCD when it comes to keyboards.

Whenever I use a public computer I always have to check the cleanliness of the keyboard before using it, and most of the time it's ok. This is because I usually only use public computers at ASU, and for the most part they keep them pretty clean.

However, I work in Chandler as a nanny, so when I have a little extra time before I have to get the boys I go to the library to use the computer (as I am now, hence the reason for this blog).
At this particular library, ALL of the keyboards are nasty. Like, super greasy looking nasty. It sicks me out and I kind of want to vomit if I think about it too much. I always scout out every available computer for the cleanest keyboard, but they're all the same.

So today I did what I often do at home: I cleaned it out. And this isn't exactly a quiet or discreet process. It involves scraping through all of the spaces between the keys, blowing out dust and junk, and shaking it upside down to get out the chunky pieces. And remember, I'm in a library. Oh, I'm sure people stared and thought I was a crazy person, but at least I have a semi-clean keyboard. And now I am happy.