Wednesday, June 18

i'm leavin' on a jet plane

That song's been in my head all day, so as cheesy as it is to have that as the title that's what it is.
But the day finally came!
In a few hours I'm gonna be off to the airport, then off to Atlanta for 5 hours, then off to NYC, then off to Camp Pontiac.
I'm scared.
Way more than I should be.
I'm Miss Paranoid so I keep getting scared that all of my luggage will be lost & I'll have to go 2 months without anything clean underwear or toothpaste or shampoo, or that I'm forgetting something major, or that I won't know how to get to the hotel we're all meeting at.
I'm also worried that none of the kids will like me since I'm not cool enough (because I'm poor & they'll most likely be rich. I don't know rich talk) or that I'll have a horrible partner counselor.
I know I shouldn't worry. It'll all be ok. But I fear the unknown.
There's excitement buried in these emotions somewhere & every now & then it sticks its little head out, but most of the time it likes to stay hidden.
I'm hoping that once I'm actually at the camp it'll come out again.
I don't think I'll be posting while I'm there, but if I can I will.
So until next time.
Adios.