Monday, May 5

worst. final. ever.

Today was my last day of finals. I should be celebrating, right? I would, but I just don't feel very celebratory. Today was my math final & it was the worst out of all of them, for several reasons. It left me with a bla feeling. The reasons are as follows.

1. The room was extremely cramped & I had a teeny little desk to write on. Because the desks were pushed together so tightly, when I leaned forward to write my head was basically an inch from the back of the person in front of me.

2. My math professor is completely insane. When I'm working on something that needs a lot of concentration, I don't want interruptions. I kid you not, my professor interrupted with completely pointless & repetitive announcements at least 15 times. He said things like, "first go through and do the easy ones, then go back to the hard ones." Somewhat useful, but if we're in college then I'm pretty sure we all know that little trick already. & it doesn't need to be repeated 3 more times throughout the rest of the test taking time. Also, and this is the kicker, there was a misprint on one of the pages and instead of just telling us what it was, he went through one by one and corrected each of our papers. While we were working on the test. And for each person he said in a not very quiet voice "turn to page 10 please, yes, that's squared, & squared, so 16". For every person. In a tight little cramped room that magifies noise. And, once he was done correcting every paper, he said, "I'll write it on the board". And he wrote the same correction on the board, with very noisy chalk. I was ready to pull my hair out & slap someone in the face.

3. My mind blanked. A lot. Math isn't something I can really study for because when I'm remembering how to do certain problems it makes sense & I can do it, but then when it's combined with a bunch of other stuff I mix things up & get confused. I usually am ok though because my past math professors have been kind & told me what sections to study so I don't waste my time filling my head up with useless information, but not Mr. Fulman. (It might be Dr. Fulman but I really don't care). He said that we're supposed to know all of it, even though it all wouldn't be on the test. So of course the things I really needed to know I hadn't spent much time on, and the useless things I did.

I know these things are nothing in comparison to worthwhile problems, but it still irked me very much.

Ok, now that I'm done complaining I can celebrate.

Woooooo finals are over!! No more school for 3 months!!