Wednesday, April 16

and the winner is...

I've made my decision, and I've decided I'm going to work at Camp Pontiac.
This is the one that's in Copake, New York. It's basically official! I just need to buy my plane ticket & send in the contract.
Here are the details about the camp:

It's located in the Berkshire Mountains in NY
I will be gone from June 19-Aug 17, and this includes a one week orientation and a 7 week camp session.
Every camper is signed up for just one session, so I will be with the same kids the whole summer.
We will go to places like Six Flags, bowling, movies, etc.
There are about 500-600 campers, ages 7-16
It's going to be LOTS of fun
You can go to http://www.camppontiac.com/ to see pictures & learn more about it, if you wish.

I'm really nervous about it, but I know it's going to be an amazing opportunity.
I mean, I'm going to be living in NEW YORK for two months!
It's going to be a lot of hard work looking after kids 24.7, but I'm going to love it. I really love kids and I can't wait to work with them.
I went to a mission prep class on Sunday because my friend who's thinking about going on a mission wanted to go, and I was basically blown away.
I had absolutely no expectations, but I gained a whole different perspective on what this work experience will be like.
I'm going to be working really closely with about 150 people my age, and that class made me realize that I can be an example and a missionary to them.
I really hate preaching religion to other people, but if the opportunity arises I want to know how to handle it.
I really want to make a difference in the campers' and the other staff members' lives because of what I know, and I can't wait.

Here's to an awesome, rewarding, fun summer at Camp Pontiac! Oh, and if any of you reading this are in college, at least 18, and have completed your freshman year, then I highly suggest you also apply to work at a summer camp!