Thursday, March 13

books

In an effort to make myself seem more intelligent (and to try to kick the habit of using the internet in all of my spare time) I checked out some books from the library today. I have to admit, the real reason I went there is because I was looking for a copy of the play Dear Ruth (which apparently no one has), but since they didn't have it I looked for some books. After an hour of looking through Top Picks lists and searching up and down book shelves, I ended up with three. I really have to be the world's worst chooser when it comes to absolutely anything, because anyone in their right mind would have just scanned the list, picked about 5, checked them all out, and then chosen which ones to read when home. But instead I had to read all of the summaries, think about whether or not it was "me" enough, look for it, read the back of the book, and then still not be sure if I should check it out. I'm sure I drove Cassie INSANE. Plus, a book has to be just right in order for me to be able to finish it. I'm very picky about how a story is worded, the grammar it uses, and how well the sentences flow. A lot of books are critically acclaimed for their innovative writing style, but I can't stand stuff like that. I need simple, easy to understand books with catchy & colorful covers. I'm basically equivalent to a fourth grader. The story can be complex (to a certain degree) but the sentence structure has to be easy to follow. Anyway, hopefully I found at least one book that will satisfy my needs and entertain me. Here are the ones I checked out:




This one has the most potential






We'll see how things go. Wish me luck!