Monday, February 11

the unattractive picture post

Apparently I come from a family that doesn't know how to take normal pictures.

If you don't believe me, just keep reading.
Yesterday was my cousin Brandon's farewell (or whatever they call it these days) and afterwards we had a family party at his house. He's going to Paraguay, and he says he'll be living in the northern part which is basically swampland, and they still go by the ox-cart method. It's a good thing he loves the outdoors! Let's just say he's the epitome of a Boy Scout, so I think he'll do just fine if he ends up in a house with no floors or running water. I'm very excited for him because he's been waiting soo long to go, and he really wanted to go somewhere out of the US. Here's a picture of him:
Before I took the picture he was smiling normally, so I took it, and when I looked down at the picture it looked like that. He then told me that he's learned how to time it perfectly so he can stop smiling right when the picture is taken. Of course he did.

Well, then I took a picture of my cousin Justin & his wife Amy. My plan was to take the most unattractive picture possible of her, because she always manages to take the most hideous pictures of me without me knowing it. And then posts them on facebook. This is how the picture turned out:
I still think I can do better. I just need time.

Then there's Kayla.
For some reason she thinks that if she takes a picture with her smiling at the camera she'll blow up. At least that's my explanation for it, because she avoids pictures like the plague. So instead I got some of her eating her frozen yogurt and apparently trying to open her mouth with her hand. Maybe her jaw got tired.
My cousins are pretty much the coolest people ever, and it always makes me so happy when we go over there. & I'm lucky enough that we get to go over there all the time. My aunts & uncles & cousins are some of the most hilarious, crazy & loud people you've met, & there's almost never a dull moment. If ever want to know a quote from Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Napolean Dynomite, Nacho Libre, Brian Reagan, Princess Bride, or a million more, just ask them and they'll give you the exact quote in 2 seconds, plus twenty minutes more. They're so welcoming to everyone that comes over, including all of the friends I've brought over, and in half an hour they're their best friends too. Kayla, Sam & I have a very exclusive "Cool Club", and we'll be accepting applications. Don't beat yourself up if you don't make the cut, some people just don't have what it takes.

Here's a picture of me & Kayla a few summers ago in Flagstaff (notice the ski lift?). This is where the cool club started, right here on this very lift.
I don't remember the story behind the three-fingered peace sign, but I'm sure it was a cool one.

Here below we're at the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows midnight party. Darrell is the one on the left, then Brandon, then Kayla, then me. Let me tell you, that was a FUN night. They passed out stickers saying whether you though Snape was a friend or foe, and you can see Brandon wearing his foe sticker. Darrell was the only one of us who wore the friend one, just so he could be different. We almost beat him up.
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the other cousins, but I'll make a mental note to get some.

I'll miss Brandon for the 2 years he's gone, but I'm soo happy for him too and I'm sure the years will fly by.

Oh, and this picture of Cassie is here because there was ONE picture from that whole night that was cute, and she erased it because she didn't like the way she looked. So now she gets to have this picture on my blog:

THE END
*note to self: don't inflict personal injury because of the horrible, annoying, and completely messed up spacing, sizing, and font changes of blogger.