Monday, March 24

a sad, sad addiction.

It's a really sad day when watching American Idol is the highlight of my TV watching week.

Thanks a lot, Brooke.

But that's not all. As I thought about all of the shows I watch, I realized I'm a horrible person. It's because of people like me that all of those stupid reality shows stay on the air. I say I hate them, which I do, but I watch them. All of them. Heck, I'm pretty sure I'll watch the one where Paris finds a new bff (I know this because I've been to the website where you can vote for who gets on the show). I hold my head in shame.

These are basically the only shows that I watch lately, and you should see what I mean:

Oprah's Big Give (go ahead, make fun of me)

Here Come the Newlyweds (LOVE it)

American Idol. Both nights. All the way through. Even if it's DVR'ed

Plus more that I watch occasionally.

Some of my favorites of the past that I NEVER missed an episode of include America's Next Top Model cycle 7, The search for the next Pussycat Doll, So You Think You Can Dance season 3, Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann, American Idol season 3, Making the Band 3 seasons 1-3, Laguna Beach season 2, The Hills seasons 1-2, and there was a period where I was an avid watcher of the Game Show Network.

Why am I admitting these unforgiveable acts? I don't know. Maybe I can help some poor victim of this harsh world of reality TV. Just remember, you're not alone. Help is possible. Remedies may include watching shows such as The Office, Chuck, Prison Break and many others to make you realize the heiness-ness of reality TV.

One day I will be able to give it up. But for now, I'll just have to live with the burden of knowing I'm a reality-ite.